Œcumenical Panheresy.

I am Mr. G. Z. Thompson. You may call me Mr. Thompson.

12.5.05

This is only an experiment.

I'm writing an entry because this would otherwise be completely blank. There has to be something. So, I'm going to make a nasty confession. That's how these things go, isn't it? A blog cries out for attention like scars on your forearm, even if you don't advertise it. And that's why you read them, you want the "skinny", to catch a glimpse on the inner lives of people you barely know or care about. I've got something special for you.
  1. In my thoughts, "Protestantism" is usually prefaced with, "the satanic delusion of...".

  2. I've done nothing for the past four days except watch "Scrubs".

  3. I not-so-secretly believe I'm better than you.

  4. I don't know whether I really want to get over that belief.

  5. Those who disagree with me are mentally deficient, malevolent, or ignorant.

  6. I'm not sure about that one, either.
I hope this has been beneficial to us both. Please forgive me, I'm working on it.

Here is a controversial quote and accompanying article.
And then, within that miserable and godless world, there will arise—if they have not arisen already—false Christs and false prophets, sectarian preachers of various kinds and in varying degrees of shallowness and mediocrity—Baptists, Evangelicals, Adventists, etc. —who will offer to these hungry people some kind of an elementary reformulation of the truth, some impoverished surrogate for religious life, some small dollop of good will and ranting hysteria. Some will respond to this. They will respond first of all to a basic human concern for their needs. But they will not be able to discern immediately that instead of true and traditional Orthodox Christianity, they are being treated to a questionable, semi-literate hodgepodge of starry-eyed idealism and charlatanism. But the opiate will have its effect. And it will further deepen the chasm between the Church and the world.

St. Maria of Paris

2 Comments:

At 12/5/05 22:15, Blogger Mr. G. Z. T. said...

And here I'm testing out my comments. Doot doot.

 
At 17/5/05 22:53, Blogger Patrick said...

"Protestantism" is usually prefaced with, "the satanic delusion of..."

LOL. No. Seriously. I laughed out loud and rocked back in my chair. It sounded weird, but I did.

The world needs more triumphalists.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home