Œcumenical Panheresy.

I am Mr. G. Z. Thompson. You may call me Mr. Thompson.

17.7.05

been reading fr. schmemann's diaries.

And also Fr. Elchaninov's Diary of a Russian Priest. I had first read Fr. Schmemann's diaries shortly after starting public diarizing ages ago [no, you probably haven't seen it] and drew my first crowds of admirers. He was a model and an inspiration. His works have dripped out of site in the meantime, to my detriment, and I've been reduced to, well, this. Granted, it's good enough for some purposes, or so some people think, and it will have to suffice shortly when that progressivists' blog gets up [I'm not a progressive, I'm not a liberal, I don't know why I'm on it, I'm a pro-life tsarist and they very much... aren't, my only political interest is the Kingdom of God]. Anyways, here's hoping for a journalistic renewal, a return to sources, etc. It's desperately needed, not that the past couple days haven't been most excellent, but we're looking for more.

Current listening: Skip James, "Jesus is a Mighty Good Leader".

After Liturgy, Fr. John said I was very professional today. The kids and Fr. John weren't there [the kids being the operative part], so that might be why. Or maybe I'm finally getting the hang of it. Or maybe he was delirious from illness [he did forget when the wedding was and to start the post-communion prayers before the veneration of the cross]. Either way, I'll take the compliment. Oh, I know what it was: the carpeting in the altar was removed, so everything looked and sounded snappier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home