Œcumenical Panheresy.

I am Mr. G. Z. Thompson. You may call me Mr. Thompson.

19.5.05

I don't love my work.

I avoid it at all costs. I might just sleep instead of finishing. Yes, it's unanimous. Sleep instead of work. The peasants rejoice.

More Flannery O'Connor: "Having been a Protestant, you may have the feeling that you must feel you believe; perhaps feeling belief is not always an illusion but I imagine it is most of the time; but I can understand the feeling of pain on going to Communion and it seems a more reliable feeling than joy."

I have decided that, to solve my funeral problem, I will have to get married as soon as possible. I am now accepting applications for the position of "wife". Please spread the word. It seems to be the only way to guarantee I will be buried properly should I die suddenly. I had no real motivation to go a-wife-ing earlier. Sure, it's spring and it'd be grand, but I'm a busy man and girls are covered in goo. But, if I won't be buried properly without one...

Back to work. Thinking about death is far more useful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home