Œcumenical Panheresy.

I am Mr. G. Z. Thompson. You may call me Mr. Thompson.

29.1.06

my folks don't care 'cause they ain't around

I'm the one's gotta go to the TIME BOMB HIGH SCHOOL!

Soon, I'm going to unplug my internets. Time was in a vacuum when I wanted to be free. I'm a bad man, but I'm no good for you, my Susie True. Just got to make sure the work gets done. It'll be good. I'll be eating baklava all night to stay awake. Reptile style.

Today's lecture on St. Gregory of Nazianzus reminded me of two things: the beginning of then-Cardinal Ratzinger's Introduction to Christianity - specifically, the dialectic between faith and nihilism - and this article by currently-Catholic Budziszewski - specifically, the faith-destroying effects of mortal sin. The example the now-pope used was Therese de Lisieux at the end of her life, but Gregory the Theologian could work as well.

I've got to stop, I'm getting electrocuted like hell.

1 Comments:

At 30/1/06 08:32, Blogger Alice Teresa said...

I was also thinking of Therese during the lecture (more accurately, during the question-and-answer section), as another saint who suffered from doubt all her short life, yet still loved: the strictest mortification.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home