Œcumenical Panheresy.

I am Mr. G. Z. Thompson. You may call me Mr. Thompson.

17.4.06

no wonder i was so confused!

They gave me Fraleigh's abstract algebra book for the course I'm grading for. And I was like, "Gosh, they're using a real algebra book for linear algebra? Perhaps they're getting into like the real stuff of the algebra stuff of linear algebra!" And I was horribly confused about how the damn chapters in that were supposed to relate at all to the homework I was grading, because they didn't. Then, just now, I noticed on Amazon that Fraleigh has an abstract algebra book and a linear algebra book. And they gave me the wrong damn one. Oh well. It's not like I really need the book. Go go MATH 250!

1 Comments:

At 21/4/06 03:19, Blogger Patrick said...

This reminds me. I had to spend last summer learning linear algebra, because Corlette and Bloch didn't want to teach it. ("Oh, it all follows trivially from module theory...") Sometimes, the ivory tower isn't all roses.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home