on rock and roll
I went to a free show yesterday and got rather burnt by the sun. The highlight of the first act was the sign-language interpreter if that tells you anything. The second act, My Morning Jacket, was as great as expected. In retrospect, it might've been better to leave after them like Mr. P. did in order to get back to HP early enough, avoid more sunburn, and avoid the crowds. Ray Davies of the Kinks came on next, and he was pretty good, but he played far too much of his more recent work and not enough of his Kinks. I mean, who cares about "The Tourist"? I realize this is perhaps not the sort of attitude to have when watching 60's stars, but I have it anyway. Then, of course, bbq parties and what-not. I am so burnt.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home