Œcumenical Panheresy.

I am Mr. G. Z. Thompson. You may call me Mr. Thompson.

20.8.06

on the wagon

An unstructured, but ordered, list.
  1. I'm pretty much running on Lunix now, Ubuntu in particular [really, Kubuntu].
  2. "A person with ubuntu is open and available to others, affirming of others, does not feel threatened that others are able and good, for he or she has a proper self-assurance that comes from knowing that he or she belongs in a greater whole." Archbishop Desmond Tutu, in No Future Without Forgiveness
  3. I'm listening to The Lyres.
  4. Every once in a while, it strikes me how friggin' absurd Protestantism is and with wonder I consider how it can possibly present itself as in any way normative of Christianity, esp. the nondenominational Proddies who unreflectingly think of themselves as typical in the history of Christendom. Le sigh.
  5. I really love to read what I've said in the past.
  6. I'm tired, so tired.
  7. Narnia: not allegory.
  8. If you're going to wear a fedora, following hat etiquette is mandatory. Included: don't wear it in the house, don't wear it while talking to women.

6 Comments:

At 21/8/06 14:51, Blogger Alice Teresa said...

Phrases I still don't know how to say in Welsh: "Phil, you may be the son of prophecy and an arrogant prick, but please remove your cap at the table."

 
At 22/8/06 08:16, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whence comes the "don't wear it while talking to women"? I've seen any number of films from the 30's where the men keep their fedoras on while talking to women, or are you just being cheeky and am I not picking it up?

--A friend of a friend

 
At 22/8/06 09:10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It isn't strictly necessary, but it's quite polite to do so unless inconvenient. I perhaps should have indicated that.

gzt

 
At 22/8/06 09:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

really, the main point i wanted to make was "remove the friggin' hat indoors".

 
At 23/8/06 13:02, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Understood.

 
At 23/8/06 13:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Understood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home