Œcumenical Panheresy.

I am Mr. G. Z. Thompson. You may call me Mr. Thompson.

8.12.06

the real truth about it is

The real truth about it is my kind of life’s no better off
If I’ve got the maps or if I’m lost.
The real truth about it is there ain’t no end to the desert I’ll cross
I’ve really known that all along.

3 Comments:

At 9/12/06 13:04, Blogger Caelius said...

I have an interesting question (never mind how it arose). Is it proper to commemorate Patriarch Akakios of Constantinople (c. 500)? From my Anglican viewpoint, I would have serious reservations to approving a formal commemoration for someone who disdained the Council of Chalcedon. But apparently, some hagiographer with an especial fondness for Russian saints suggests included Akakios today.

 
At 9/12/06 16:17, Blogger Mr. G. Z. T. said...

I really don't know, but as far as I know, he's a saint for the Copts and nobody else.

 
At 9/12/06 18:31, Blogger Caelius said...

Yes, the material in question came from the Coptic Synexarium. Oh, you'll get a real kick out of this one. The reason I was confused is that same web site, the Mission of St. Clare, which is very popular among Episcopalians of a sort as an aid for the Offices, also is borrowing from St. Luke's Orthodox Church in Palos Hills. So the Russian stuff was coming from St. Luke's. If it weren't so obvious that Akakios was a Monophysite, I never would have noticed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home