Cutting it close
Expected arrival time today: 2:30 pm.
National Weather Service says: Winter Storm Warning in effect at 3:00 PM, no longer a "Watch".
I think that means I may no longer be driving to Omaha tomorrow, since there's supposed to be 1/4-1/2" of ice and 3-6" of blowing snow by tomorrow morning.
UPDATE: Winter Storm Warning until 12PM on Sunday. I presume that means that, instead of driving across the state, I can go to church in the morning. If not, well, we'll have to endure my chanting matins and the typika in the Byzantine style for four hours in the snowy car. NB: I do not know Byzantine chant at all, so it will be sort of "freestyle". But what I lack in accuracy, I make up for in volume.
UPDATE: Looking at the snow, I hope I'm able to get the 1.5 miles to church tomorrow. I wouldn't mind hiking, even in the snow, but I left my nyce bootes in Chicago.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home