Œcumenical Panheresy.

I am Mr. G. Z. Thompson. You may call me Mr. Thompson.

21.11.07

Friggin Frogs!

So I got a BCP in French out of the Powell's free box and decided it would make a good opportunity to practice my French. Like all copies of the BCP that I have, I'm only using it for its psalter. It uses the Œcumenical translation, which is fine by me, as it says "Seigneur" and not "Yahve" or "Eternel". However, annoyingly enough, it says, and I paraphrase because I don't have it with me, "While the Œcumenical translation uses the traditional numbering for the Psalms, this book follows the BCP in using the Hebraic numbering." Drat!

And now I thought it would be a good idea to get mp3s of the Psalms just so I have a reference. The first set I got was read by some horribly slow and emo guy. The second set, fortunately, was read by a normal fellow, though, unfortunately, I think it was a different translation as he says, "Eternel" instead of "Seigneur" for any unpronounceable words. I haven't had a chance to double-check, however, and I don't have the entire thing memorized yet. Though, I suppose I don't particularly mind if they're different translations, some difference between the texts would keep me from simply aping the lecture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home