Œcumenical Panheresy.

I am Mr. G. Z. Thompson. You may call me Mr. Thompson.

5.7.05

more books.

Finished 'em all.

Grabbed two Walker Percy, apparently the one I read was a sequel to the one I'm reading, The Last Gentleman. Seems fine to have read 'em out of order. I like Gentleman more, it's very Kierkegaardian. The first chapter, ah, really convicted me, to use an "Evangelical" phrasing. Don't worry, I'm not turning into a Methody! The point was that so many people are indecisive and life as if they were waiting for a sign.

I grabbed two more "boat books". Their references to Methodies and Papists tickles me. Of course, at the time period they were set in, the Nonconformists were a bother and the Queen was at war with a Popish nation [and Papists were still not allowed a large number of rights, nor did they have a hierarchy in England]. Sorry, just have to use the terms they use in the books.

Two more Bernanos, one turns out to be about a priest, bah, again.

One book of essays by Flannery O'Connor.

I should theoretically be doing math, and lots of it. I don't have anything before 2:45 on my schedule. Do I use my time wisely or not?

I haven't been eating much, but I've been spending money on sodas. I may as well buy 12-packs and be honest with myself, I'll save money in the long run.

2 Comments:

At 6/7/05 17:45, Blogger Patrick said...

Do I use my time wisely or not?

If you have a blog, do you even need to ask this question?

 
At 6/7/05 23:40, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was meant in the sense "SHALL I use..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home