Œcumenical Panheresy.

I am Mr. G. Z. Thompson. You may call me Mr. Thompson.

2.7.05

Today is the Feast of St. John of Shanghai and San Francisco.

Doot doot!

I went to the library today and picked up some books:
  • Diary of a Country Priest by Georges Bernanos. Title self-explanatory. Picked it up because the movie seemed interesting.
  • Under Satan's Sun by Bernanos. His first novel, also about a young priest.
  • The Violent Bear It Away by Flannery O'Connor. The last book of hers I haven't read.
  • The Second Coming by Walker Percy. I simply had to get started on him sometime and I wasn't quite sure which to start with, so I grabbed one of the books of essays about him and looked to see which book got mentioned first. This was it. Other suggestions welcome.
  • The Fortune of War by Patrick O'Brian.
  • The Thirteen Gun Salute by Patrick O'Brian. Okay, so I'm reading boat books. They're literature, I swear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home