Unexpected expenses.
My fan died. It got dropped a couple times, but I thought nothing of it. I didn't correlate the occasional droppings with the increase in volume or the persistent shimmy of the fan, but today when the blade started hitting the grating [argh], I decided to have a look-see. The axle of the fan was cracked and about the fall apart and die. Gar! That fan cost me $15, getting another would be another $15. I just bought a pile of books! I'm not going to be able to eat come winter! I'm doomed!
So I joined the police force. Damp in Dumbarton Dip, about the 14th of May...
I got a package I ordered a while ago, new crucifix and a poorly-printed Slavonic/English prayer book, only purchased because I wanted an English one with the panikhida and the molieben.
I'm going to have to figure out when I'm going to go home: I'm done on the 12th. It'd be nice to stick around for the patronal feast of my parish on the 16th [the bishop will be there], but a friend of mine back home is having a going-away dinner on the 15th, no matter what I do I need to be back home by the 17th 'cuz the bishop [not the same one] is blitzing through town. I probably should try to make it to the going-away dinner, I was sort of late for the guy's wedding and it'd be nice to see him again before he, um, goes away [he'll actually be at UofC winter and spring]. But the bishop wants to make something big of our patronal feast and some people are going to be in town that I haven't seen for a while...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home