You said I'd wake up dead drunk, alone in the park. I called you a liar, but how right you were.
There was a baptism to-day. Doot doot. Few things in this world better. Then: vespers, the scheduled altar server didn't show in time and I wondered whether I should step in, but then the bishop came and it would've been awkward to walk by the bishop into the altar and the little boy altar server is good enough on his own. I was glad not to be scheduled to serve to-morrow because it's going to be 102 degrees and there's no air-conditioning. But Fr. John suggested that I should switch with the scheduled altar server and he's going to call him about it because the heat would just be too much for him. I said that was fine by me because I worry about him in the heat, too [and in the cold and everything in-between]. Besides the heat: the bishop will also be there. Not a hierarchical liturgy, but it still adds stress. I hope the little boy altar server will respect mah authoritay, because otherwise things could get hairy. I would do better without him.
Speaking of hierarchical liturgies: an ordination to the diaconate on Saturday. Doot doot! They should have enough deacons there, will they have enough subdeacons? I don't want to have to pretend to be one again, it's awful to take things off and put things on the altar.
A CONFESSION: I always mix up The Cure and The Clash.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home