ATTENTION ROOM-INVADING INFIDELS
MY MONITOR FACES AWAY FROM YOU FOR A REASON. Like my pockets, it is for my personal use only.
My desk faces into the room for a reason. Several, in fact. First, so I can see invaders. Second, so there is a natural boundary marking my personal space which you cannot enter politely without my permission. Third, so you can't look at my crap and see what I'm doing. If I wanted you to know what I'm doing, I'd tell you. You may ask, but I consider it impolite to inquire too much into even a friend's personal affairs. In fact, to prevent people from asking or looking at what I'm working on, I have conveniently stacked a pile of interesting conversation starters on the most visible corner of my desk. Gaze with awe at my package of San Francisco Sourdough Starter! Marvel at my Sanskrit Grammar! Comment on my well-worn copy of Brothers Karamazov!
In short, the people visiting my infidel roommates must, to use Mr. Spong's phrase, change or die.
Sunday: dinner with the archbishop. I'll probably stick around for morning liturgy.

4 Comments:
to use Mr. Spong's phrase, change or die.
Brilliant zinger delivered with high-scoring accuracy.
Oh my, a visit from the famed Huw Raphael! I hadn't realized my blog had actually been linked to by anybody. I suppose this means I'll have to, alas, start writing contentful things instead of half-sober rants and song lyrics.
um. eek. I'll go back to my anonymous lurking. pray for the famous. and for the egotistical.
ps: half-sober explains a lot. LOL.
Oh, no, the hull has been breached. No point in merely lurking, that'd just be creepy. There are some places on the internet where I'm concerned about people I know finding me, this is the first where I've wondered about people I don't know finding me.
Post a Comment
<< Home