Œcumenical Panheresy.

I am Mr. G. Z. Thompson. You may call me Mr. Thompson.

9.11.05

the spartacus club.

I went to the Reynold's Club to check my email this afternoon and one table had two military recruiters of some sort and the other had three people from the Spartacists chanting slogans like, "Military recruiters, go home! No more imperialist aggression in Iraq!" So annoying! I almost empathize with the military men more than them. I mean, if it were the Democrats, I'd simply think they were annoying and misguided for shouting, but Marxists! Their ideal social order is predicated on the murder of thousands, if not millions. I consider myself more of a socialist than a Democrat, even, but these are the people who have lectures talking about how Lenin did great things for the proletariat. Lenin, the murderer of countless thousands, the defiler of all that is holy. I'm no idealist, the power of the state is the power of death and every political platform is built on the death of innocents [anybody who tells you otherwise is trying to sell you something], but there are certain lines one should not cross.

1 Comments:

At 11/11/05 08:25, Blogger Alice Teresa said...

I wonder if they were the same people. I saw the same ones as Anna did-- I was also in the Trib lounge for their set-up. I couldn't figure out where they were from.

Geoff, were they wearing sailor suits? If there were two groups of protestors, I feel really sorry for the recruiters.

"someone told us this school was apathetic..."

I enjoyed it. It was like home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home