Œcumenical Panheresy.

I am Mr. G. Z. Thompson. You may call me Mr. Thompson.

1.11.05

ss cosmas and damian

The wonderworkers and unmercenaries. Today's feast.

I'm going to write a novel instead of doing work for the next month. It'll be a bildungsroman because everybody's first novel is a bildungsroman and you've got to get it out of the way. I think it'll be about the horrible difference between what Dostoevsky calls "love in dreams" and "love in reality" and those tormented by either [the burden of one or the lack of the other]. Love as in caritas, though some characters are bound to be confused about that, aren't they? Nobody will ever see it because writing an entire novel in a month is a recipe for disaster. Some small portions, no doubt, could probably be polished into something you could see, however.

Tomorrow: Representation Theory. Finite groups, represent!

I hate it when teachers don't give the stats for the test. I mean, yeah, ABC etc is fine, but it's nice to know whether everybody got an A or whether one got the best score in the class or whatever. Yeah, I really just want to know whether I got the best score in class [complex, not logic, there's no question that it's not me in logic].

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home