Œcumenical Panheresy.

I am Mr. G. Z. Thompson. You may call me Mr. Thompson.

25.10.05

Hot Burrito #2.

The only non-Catholic at the pro-life meeting. Tomorrow they're doing a table at the Reynolds Club, but I won't be able to make it. Classes.

I forgot to RSVP for that Anglican thing, but I don't feel like going anyway [and must avoid certain Anglicans], so that's settled. I don't really care about politics or the internet.

I shall write a novel for National Write-a-Novel-in-a-Month Month! Or not. I should find time to read portions of the Mahaabhaarata because if I don't, I'll forget, and little else has given me such literary joy.

I've been listening to an unhealthy amount of Greg [Oblivian] Cartwright's music lately. We repel each other! I'm also apparently listening to "The Flying Burrito Brothers", which is, gasp, country [and not a Greg Cartwright band, of course, though I should note that the latest albums he has released, which are the ones I've been listening to, are heavily country-influenced].

The people who don't believe anything but rather everything are annoying me in that liberalist la-la land. Some are positively insulted that I believe some things are right and some are wrong. There's a nutter who says that the Christian claim of exclusivity is a form of bigotry [incidentally, he's a Vedantist], another who claims that it causes him intense emotional pain. Good grief. I must resist the urge to troll on the front page... All so petty. The vain trappings of "spirituality" are barely deep enough to drown an infant, but they "help" oh-so-much, as though "help" were the criterion for truth.

Two tests on Thursday.

PS giant beard + turtleneck sweater = JUSTICE.
PPS theology = LOVE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home