Œcumenical Panheresy.

I am Mr. G. Z. Thompson. You may call me Mr. Thompson.

29.10.05

I remembered the prettiest girl in the whole wide world.

D'oh! Cholie's and beer is the answer.

But that's always the answer [along with frequent confession and regular flossing].

D'oh! I just realized I missed a baptism this morning. Snap! It was gonna be a good one, too. They're all good. Am I the only one who has weird liturgical dreams?

I read The Thousand Acres last night. It was decent, but not extremely impressive. It involved real people doing real things, though. I hear most of the lit wankers around here write crap that isn't about real people doing real things, they're about hollow shells of men doing nothing. What crap. The best literature is anagogic, and nihilism doesn't make for good anagogy because it's damnably and provably false, at least on the existential level. See Infinite Jest for details. That's some spicy tamale.

2 Comments:

At 29/10/05 15:16, Blogger Caelius said...

Am I the only one who has weird liturgical dreams?

No. I would blame it on cheese, but I don't eat enough cheese for that explanation to make sense.

 
At 30/10/05 07:17, Blogger Alice Teresa said...

I have nightmares about invalid masses.

Oh, and I hate Jane Smiley. I hate her with a fiery passion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home