Œcumenical Panheresy.

I am Mr. G. Z. Thompson. You may call me Mr. Thompson.

26.10.05

you got me hummin'

What's so hard about the idea that death is unnatural and is our enemy?

One line I hate: "I respect your right to hold those beliefs, but I don't share them." Bah, sanctimonious namby-pamby death-loving tripe, just say, "I disagree," or, "I think this..." or don't comment at all, I don't expect anybody to agree with me.

Random fact: 70% of pregnancies in Russia end in abortion. Every Slav a wanted Slav!

2 Comments:

At 26/10/05 18:31, Blogger Caelius said...

Monks, in Mohler's view, apparently are not adults. For indeed to gain the Kingdom of Heaven, you must become as a child...

How does the number of abortions compare with the number who died building St. Petersburg or the Great Siberian Railway? Life often has been very cheap in Russia.

 
At 26/10/05 20:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's the only real problem with the article. Perhaps if he'd said that the usual course of adulthood ought to be marriage. I mean, given St. Paul and Christ's celebration of the unmarried celibate state, that strikes me as weird.

If you build big things in the cold, lots of people will die. I also don't think the cheapness of life is especially unique in that era, but it had a different character from casual abortion as birth control [which is a lingering effect of Soviet anti-life policies].

 

Post a Comment

<< Home