Œcumenical Panheresy.

I am Mr. G. Z. Thompson. You may call me Mr. Thompson.

17.3.06

The weekend starts at the prokeimenon at vespers.

So I'm drinking beer and web-logging. Now: I must see this movie and it must come to America AND MY LIVING ROOM soon. I've always loved and been fascinated by Carthusians. More so than Trappists, though Trappists are just the bee's knees in my book [incidentally, there's a Trappist monastery about an hour from where I live which I haven't been to yet, I live in a part of Iowa settled by all sorts of religious groups: Amish, "Vedic City", the Amana Colonies [German utopians], etc]. Catholic monks are just so realistic. What else is there to life? Well, marriage, for those called to it.

The roommating infidel is gone to Puerto Rico, so I threw out all of his perishable food and cleaned the fridge. The entire bottom thing was covered with a sugary, oily goo. That took a while to get rid of.

Then I went to church. It was marvellous, would do again. The Presanctified Liturgy of St. Gregory, Pope of Rome, is one thing you Latins are missing out on. Speaking of which, one really must find a good time to get out to Tridentia per my previous wonderings. Unfortunately, unless you're all sticking around this weekend, there's no particularly good time to do so in the near future. I have all next week free, so I might go some weekday morning alone. Unless I have other things to do.

Then I went grocery shopping. Fresh tortillas are so cheap: about 1500 cal/$. Man. That's intense. I can't believe I didn't discover this over the summer when I was very busy trying to discover ways of eating which maximized cal/$ ratios while still being able to prevent the bends.

1 Comments:

At 18/3/06 11:25, Blogger Caelius said...

The trailer looks awesome. Somehow in Latin, the Benedicite Omnia Opera sounds less repetitive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home