Œcumenical Panheresy.

I am Mr. G. Z. Thompson. You may call me Mr. Thompson.

24.5.06

monastery trip

The monastery trip was quite nice. Piles of Romanian. Iisuse, Fiul lui Dumnezeu, miluieşte-ma. On the way back, I had a four-yr-old beating me over the head for four hours. That was also nice, but the glasses broke. Repairs were easy, so no hard feelings. No real chance to get a theological lecture as such, but there was plenty of manual labor. Fine by me.

Working on the research paper. While the main scope of it will be centered on Cassian's 22nd conference, I'll be drawing heavily on about 1/8th of that 1000pg work and about 30 pages of Institutes. As well as, of course, a giant pile of secondary literature. Seems to be rolling on a bit. He keeps using the word integrity in his discussion of the spirit of fornication [Institute 6]. That really is a key there.

More grading.

I left printouts of the first page of my PDFed version of Cassian's "On the Spirit of Fornication" lying around and changed my desktop background to DON'T FORNICATE. Hopefully, for the sake of their immortal souls, the roommates will learn something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home