on restrooms
First, I'd like to point out it's friggin' hot out.
Second, I ran into the old tragic problem: so I was going to the water closet to powder my nose and I ran into a friend there, one whom I don't really have a good means of contacting but whom I want to keep in touch with over the summer, so a conversation would be quite desirable. However, we were in the men's room, hence the only permissible conversation is a grunt of acknowledgement, or, perhaps a, "Good day, Sir" [which is the course of action I chose]. Fortunately, we both understand the etiquette of the situation, so there was no ill will on either side. I shall surely run into the fellow again.
Another thing: I had a great character in nethack. I was doing quite well. I had Excalibur, a giant pile of intrinsics [oddly enough, I hadn't had a chance to gain telepathy], a raft of good items, the gods dug me, and I threw it all away. I got blinded and teleported into a shop and bumped into the shopkeeper [pretty stupid], but I thought, well, I should be able to take him, so I evened the playing field by blinding him with a wand of lightning and then running around and hitting him with stuff. It didn't work and I died. I had two wands of digging I could have escaped with! What's worse, it didn't leave a bones file.
Also: as much as I'm not a fan of our President, I do respect a couple things he's done this week. First, the veto of the bill expanding funding for embryonic stem cell research. Second, his comments about how Syria needs to get Hizbullah to "stop doing this s---" is on-target and amusing.
Finally: looks like I may be in on a cheap apartment with strangers. Very cheap. We'll see.

2 Comments:
Re: nethack,
Too bad, dude. I've heard that if you have a run like that, IT WAS YOUR ONE CHANCE. The gods will treat you like their kickball from now on.
Re: Hezbollah and their shiznit,
Refreshing, but still disconcerting. If Bush thinks that the Syrian government could really grow the balls to tell Hezbollah to stop with the rockets, let alone that Hezbollah would listen, then either he knows something we don't or he doesn't know a lot that we do.
But thank God for the veto.
eh, i was only like a level 10. it's not that great.
the thing with syria is that syria provides a lot of aid to them. they're pro-syria and syria is pro-them. syria really does have a say.
Post a Comment
<< Home