Œcumenical Panheresy.

I am Mr. G. Z. Thompson. You may call me Mr. Thompson.

14.8.05

Tomorrow: Dormition.

On Tuesday, I think, while writing emails, my DSL broke and I was like, "Oh snap! I'm moving in 4 days so I won't bother to get it fixed." And so it goes. I'm back in Iowa City now and everybody was happy to see me. Tomorrow is the Dormition of the Theotokos and a farewell dinner for a couple friends of mine. Also, that evening in Chicago, there will be a dinner for the patronal feast of my parish [August 16th], with the Bishop and some international guests. I am, unfortunately, missing it, just as I am missing the feast itself. Argh. But, a trade-off: this parish's bishop is coming by this week, so I'll get to meet him. Annoyance: we're singing Ton despotin in English: I'm accustomed to Greek [language doesn't matter, but I hate even minor changes, and if even the Russians do it in Greek...].

Last night and this morning there was a monk at church, the same one who was there on Pentecost. I haven't gotten around to meeting him yet and I feel like I probably should.

Tonight: "all-night vigil" for the Dormition. I hope they don't butcher the rubrics, they're Antiochians, not Russians. When I get back to Chicago, I should go to the Cathedral more often, I miss All-Night Vigils done well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home