Oh snap! I thought I got off.
So I thought my plan to get two people in a three-person room worked: Jimmy transferred and no transfer students or freshmen got assigned to my room. I asked last night and Jolyon sent me an email this morning confirming. But, I also got another message this morning: some random shmoe whose university was closed due to a hurricane is being sent to take a spot in my room. Oh snap! I would've preferred a typical freshman/transfer student because then he'd be a typical U of C student and the odds are good he wouldn't, like, bring women home or go to parties. But this, this is uncontrolled. He could be a frat boy or even a Baptist! His name is Chinese, it doesn't give me much information.
And apparently Street Prophets is up, and I can already tell I won't like it [and I haven't even written my first article].

2 Comments:
Didn't I ever tell you, the same happened to me? (I mean, modulo the hurricane.)
I took a double-op-triple with Erik, got no notice of any third roommate, then showed up to find Siu Fon (a visiting student from Hong Kong) living there!
It turned out quite OK for Erik and me, though. Hope your roommate is a good guy. What college is he from?
Remind me again- why did you agree to be on that group blog?
Ah yes, you'll have lots of rant fodder. I suggest you start with the article that said we need to make religion more like agnosticism. "Erase the line" and all that crap.
Post a Comment
<< Home