ATTN: ROOM-SHARING INFIDELS.
The door is to be locked when you are sleeping. Indeed, the door should be locked whenever you are not actively watching the sitting room the front door opens into. It goes without saying that the door must be locked when the room is unoccupied for more than 5 minutes. I can grant that the door may be left open if you're running down the hall to return a fondue pot; I'm not that cruel. But there is something profoundly disturbing about returning home, opening the door, and not being able to immediately tell whether anybody else is home [often there isn't].
PS The heater in the sitting room is off for a reason. If you do turn it on, don't turn it on all the way. The windows are melting.
PPS I've been reading far too much of Miss Manners lately.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home