Œcumenical Panheresy.

I am Mr. G. Z. Thompson. You may call me Mr. Thompson.

2.1.06

all of the university web pages are completely worthless.

They are unable to provide any useful information whatsoever. I suggest whoever is in charge of usability and such be fired and shipped to Michigan on the next available trireme.

Not a single one of them will tell you whether the dining halls have reopened for dinner. It is surely written on some calendar somewhere, but there is NO WAY OF FINDING SAID CALENDAR ON THE INTERNETS. It is not on the dining page, it is not on the calendar page, it is not on the housing page. There is an oblique reference to the dining halls 'being closed through January 2nd', but whether that is inclusive, given that some people have vague feelings/recollections that dining halls reopen the night before classes, I simply cannot tell.

Still choosing classes. Still choosing life.

Theophany [Epiphany, for you Western infidels] is this week. What brightness! What joy!

Thai 55 is, quite rightly, the Thai restaurant nobody ever goes to.

Now I'm going to write whiny emo songs about how I "fell in love" with a girl without a skull, how I'm deifying concupiscence by affirming the fleetingist bit of sentimental attachment is the same thing as love and justifies anything [particularly, serial polygamy [perhaps without vows [and certainly without the martyrdom implicit in marriage, that's the very point]]], and how I wish women cared enough to cry when I broke their hearts. Sounds emo enough.

3 weeks, 3 days.

4 Comments:

At 2/1/06 22:05, Blogger Patrick said...

Shouldn't this have been titled "ATTN: UNIVERSITY WEB DESIGN INFIDELS", and formatted accordingly?

And re: the rant on emo concupiscence, you've just been promoted to lieutenant in the battle against cosmic evil. Or leftenant, if you prefer.

 
At 2/1/06 22:37, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the fatwas were issued directly rather than as an open letter.

re re: they're spelt the same.

 
At 3/1/06 21:13, Blogger Caelius said...

I think you're a cornet of horse myself.

 
At 4/1/06 08:50, Blogger Patrick said...

(slaps forehead)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home