Œcumenical Panheresy.

I am Mr. G. Z. Thompson. You may call me Mr. Thompson.

21.5.05

More Flannery O'Connor.

I've been reading her stories, I've been reading her correspondence. It almost makes me want to be a writer. It'd be harder work than math, and if there's one thing I don't like, it's work. I also have a tin ear, a cruel disposition, and no experience. Writing is a lot of work if you don't want to be one of those wankers. I can't be content with mediocrity. Good God, then what am I doing in math?

Well, there goes another Anglican: Anglican becomes Catholic. No surprises, though I thought he never would. Not that I read him, I have better things to do than read heterodox theology.

O'Connor is the first literature I've read in a long time. I miss literature, I miss the village green. I should ditch all my work and start reading and writing full time. I didn't do so bad today, I got maybe 300 pages read. And I watched a movie. And had Thai food. I daresay that's enough entertainment for the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home