Œcumenical Panheresy.

I am Mr. G. Z. Thompson. You may call me Mr. Thompson.

8.6.05

Okay, so things fall apart.

That is, I might not be able to drop stuff off at the place I'm subletting before I leave. Which isn't so bad, I just have to find a place I can drop them off at. Natch! And, since my parents are now coming Friday noon, I need to find time to do it before then. And I won't be ready on Thursday, since I'm spending all the time between my 8 am final and vespers packing and cleaning and nobody does anything at night. Well, I'm drinking wine. Scientific research has to be done. It shouldn't be too hard to find a place to shove one box and one computer for 11 days, should it?

Back to studying for manifolds. We haven't learned much. We didn't even get to differential forms, and what's the point of studying manifolds if you don't get to differential forms?

Today is the feast of St. John of Kronstadt, one of the great turn-of-the-century Russian saints. He was simply the ideal parish priest. He devoted himself to prayer and the divine services and became known for working miracles, inspiring great faith and repentance, and fostering a renewal of the sacramental life. So many people came to him for confession that he could only give general confession, with the penitents shouting their sins above the crowd with no regard for being heard. He was known as the 'Pascha Batiushka' because the joy of Pascha was always with him. His fame spread throughout Russia and he was venerated as a saint even in his own lifetime. The prayer of a righteous man avails much, and he prays for us even now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home