Œcumenical Panheresy.

I am Mr. G. Z. Thompson. You may call me Mr. Thompson.

31.5.05

The only real argument against monasticism...

...is that it's not likely I'd be able to get women to bring me banana bread. It's just not the same from the abbot. I haven't been having any success with that lately in mathematics, either, but it's still theoretically possible.

I must have a venerable beard before SESAME starts. I will not garner any respect from the teachers I'm supposed to be teaching without it. Ian's right, I'm simply not trustworthy without it. As far as I can tell, I have till the end of July. Mark your calendars! I'm declaring July 23rd THE VENERABLE BEARD DAY. Starting next year, however, the feast will be moved to May 27th [har har har].

3 Comments:

At 1/6/05 09:50, Blogger Patrick said...

I should hope you mean June 9...

 
At 1/6/05 10:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's may 27th no matter what calendar i use, the question is what day i call may 27th corresponds to on everybody else's calendar.

 
At 1/6/05 19:10, Blogger Patrick said...

Right again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home