Œcumenical Panheresy.

I am Mr. G. Z. Thompson. You may call me Mr. Thompson.

26.5.05

Condoleeza Rice is Darth Vader and that's racist.

What ever happened to real manly Lutherans? The ones here in America are too busy selling themselves out to either flimsy liberalism or shallow American Evangelical piety. A well-educated confessional Lutheran is always a delight to find, but they're a dying breed. I'm not one to say many good things about Protestantism, but if they were all like this, or even just all confessional Lutherans, life would be a lot easier. But, alas, much of what commonly passes for Protestantism in America has almost nothing to do with Luther [or even Calvin] except a couple misunderstood slogans.

I will add the following to my list of things I don't dig but everybody else digs: The Rhetoric of Values and Rights. Men don't have rights. "Values talk" is implicitly nihilistic. Discuss.

In other news: I'm eating again, but I'm still not working. I did bomb a test, that was fun.

EDIT: capitalized Evangelical. Don't want any confusion between that and what St. Maria Skobtsova calls "evangelical piety" or the "evangelical path".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home