Œcumenical Panheresy.

I am Mr. G. Z. Thompson. You may call me Mr. Thompson.

24.5.05

Caesar's Bath.

I finally noticed that I was summoned by patrick to tell about a few things that other people dig that I just don't get. Since I need a break from studying Combinatorics and my headache is almost gone [I think I'm hydrated, now it's probably that I haven't eaten anything today], I'll get going.
  1. Singing in the Shower. Both of my roommates do it and I just don't understand the appeal. I tried once and it hurt and I didn't like it, so I'm not going to do it again.

  2. Going Places and Doing Things. Other people like to go places and do things; I don't. Occasionally, sure, if it's something I'm really interested in. But no parties, shows, movies, concerts, especially if it involves spending money...

  3. Pious Sentimentality. Or sentimental piety. Just disgusting. I should include Pietism under this, but the Pietists who read this aren't educated enough to know what Pietism is [and they aren't relevant to the topic, really]. Not everybody digs that crap, but enough do that it needs to be said.

  4. The Enlightenment. No need to comment.

  5. Fun. Totally overrated.
I hope this has been helpful.

2 Comments:

At 25/5/05 15:01, Blogger Alice Teresa said...

Sure. You claim you don't enjoy singing in the shower, but I know what I've heard...

 
At 25/5/05 21:02, Anonymous Anonymous said...

riiight, and i also secretly dig the enlightenment. please, girl, don't even give me that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home