I'm a superstar.
I've been wasting all my weekend avoiding the derivation of a stupid formula for my DRP project. The hint in the book isn't too helpful ["identify the right-hand side with the trace of an endomorphism"]. I could've been studying for a test. Or doing my homework. Or playing pogs.
Today the scheduled altar boy didn't show up before the Great Litany, so I had to take his place. The choir director was gone, so the choir sounded... valiant, as Fr. John put it.
I arranged for the world's greatest sublet. I just have to go home for the first week after classes and leave when I'm done with my summer project. It'll be cheap. The exact amount of time I'll need it. I haven't seen it yet, but at this price it could be on fire, I wouldn't mind. As long as the smoke escapes. I could pay for it using my earnings from this quarter, actually. The rest will go straight up my nose [cocaine-wise]. I'll have to figure out the boundary conditions. I need to be here to work on the 20th, but that means I need to sleep here on the 19th. But I can't have the apartment until the 20th. I also need to figure out how to get things moved and stored. Details. I'm sure I can find a couch to crash on.
I just realized: if I'm at home on the 19th, they do Vespers of Pentecost at the proper time, so if I take the bus, I'll miss it. Here, they do it early in the afternoon so people will still be around from the liturgy. That's an argument for coming back on the 18th and finding a place to crash for two consecutive nights, but I don't know whether anybody here has that much charity/couchspace. I could go for the 1:35am bus on Monday morning, it'd get me here just in the nick of time...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home