Œcumenical Panheresy.

I am Mr. G. Z. Thompson. You may call me Mr. Thompson.

27.5.05

Monday's a holiday? Of course there's no class. There will be a tutorial.

So, I have class on Monday.

Mr. Thompson is still only a character, it seems. In my previous forays into the world of online diarizing, I've always been very careful to make the diarist a character with a very strong resemblance to the author, but with certain critical divergences from reality. With Mr. G. Z. Thompson, I wanted to have an online diary which is reasonably faithful to the prototype, but I'm afraid it is starting to be a bit more trollish and surly than I am [except with freshmen and the immature]. Which is understandable, since the main purpose of any diary is to amuse myself and I'm amused by surly trollishness. The question is: do I keep going down the road of surly trollishness and make this a diary of a character named Mr. Thompson like all the others, or do I make it more faithful, but, of course, still a diary about a character named Mr. G. Z. Thompson. Or, better, I could make a variety of characters a la Kierkegaard and have them battle it out in text.

And none of them will sing in the shower and the hyenas will not touch them.

Still accepting applications for the position of "wife". Must know or learn how to make banana bread and be willing to carry out my funerary wishes. Everything else is negotiable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home