D'oh!
So there was a young girl at the parish tonight that I hadn't met, so I was like, "Ah, marriageable!" So all of us went to Thai food and it turns out she decided two weeks ago to become a nun and is leaving in a few weeks to go to the Old Country to be a nun. D'oh!
Well, at least the parish has its first monastic [not counting that Athonite, but he doesn't count, he wasn't generated here [well, she really wasn't either, but we gotta start counting somehow]].
Anyways, and somehow I got a reputation among them for being a guy who reads a lot of the Early Church Fathers, which is disconcerting, because I don't exactly talk about what I read and I don't read much. I have to watch that reputation of mine.

2 Comments:
You read more than most. Be encouraged by your reputation to read more. Be quiet and listen whenever possible. Answer what you know if asked. Admit it when you don't know. If you follow that advice (especially the last part), you'll have the reputation you deserve. I'm still working on it.
Whatever we do, let's not become like the silly women ;)
The problem is that I'm not here much and have never said a word about what I've read Second-Century-Father-wise [I do talk about reading giant piles of novels with her, but she's an English professor, that's what people talk about with English professors].
Don't worry about me, I propose marriage far too often to end up a monk.
Post a Comment
<< Home