Ugh: Anti-Sergianists.
Don't they know dissension and strife are from the devil? What are they hoping to gain by spreading them? Why must they do it here? They have, fortunately, been banned, since open battle is precisely what makes other places uninhabitable. Fighting leads infallibly to atheism just as Western theology, television, and comfortable living do.
A vodka bottle gave you those raccoon eyes. We got beat up just for holding hands.
NB: "Here" does not mean here here, but there.

9 Comments:
"Here" means "there." Good. I was wondering where the anti-Sergianists were. They have a point, though. But I am very skeptical of those who seek to assert their moral superiority when the presenting issue is moot.
They had a point in the 60's. It's the 21st century. The Soviet Union is dead. The collaborators are dead. The ROCOR is in dialogues with the Moscow Patriarchate. It's over.
And I was only saying "anti-Sergianist" as a stand-in for all the ultratraditionalist sorts who rant about "the panheresy of ecumenism", "Sergianism", "the calendar", and all that crap. Whether or not it's a good enough reason to be in schism is for them to decide, but it's certainly not a good reason to pollute my world with angry propaganda. I have only respect for the ones who aren't angry ideologues.
Um... could you tell me exactly where is "there"? Is this the group blog you've joined?
If you'd rather not link directly to it here, you could e-mail me.
The group blog hasn't started yet and that's populated by liberalists. There's nothing to see there anymore, so there's no point in linking. If you'd like, I could show you some rather ugly theres that would illustrate what I don't ever want to see.
If you must see the sort of thing I'm talking about, here is a place that has it: http://euphrosynoscafe.com/forum/index.php
My favorite part of the site you cite is:
"This strict stance in the truth ended up getting us kicked off of our original web host..."
My best guess is that they were dropped by their former host for inciting violence against particular people or something. Much of the Internet is objectively evil, so what does it take for Orthodox Christians to be dropped?
The site was previously run on "Orthodox Internet Services". The operator of OIS is apparently a pro-MP ROCOR deacon.
Correction: Not pro-MP, he's just part of ROCOR/ROCA and the guy who runs it is tired of the constant bashing of ROCOR for its dialogues with the MP - Sergianism!
Yeesh.
Post a Comment
<< Home