Œcumenical Panheresy.

I am Mr. G. Z. Thompson. You may call me Mr. Thompson.

11.12.05

i've decided to be a king.

all i need is a princess.

i saw the narnia movie. it was, aesthetically, horrible, but i'll probably forget that in a year and only remember the good bits. let's just say i'm not a fan of 'bad guy' cliches [aural and visual] or cgi. or sappily emotive soundtracks. or modern american battle scenes. especially cgi. i don't know how anybody of discerning taste can approve of such improper methods.

i was going to say a stupid livejournalish thing here, but i've run out. they're hard to come up with.

6 weeks, 4 days.

2 Comments:

At 12/12/05 19:15, Blogger Patrick said...

I agree with you that the CGI got in the way sometimes- e.g. the not very convincing beavers.

Mostly, I liked it, though. Not the best movie, and not a particularly insightful reflection on Christianity, but pretty effective.

Actually, regarding the theology aspect, a pretty good discussion of what's wrong with "Aslan is Christ" over at Disputations.

 
At 13/12/05 19:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think even CS Lewis would agree that "Aslan is Christ". He intentionally made him not so, but he blurs things a bit later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home