Œcumenical Panheresy.

I am Mr. G. Z. Thompson. You may call me Mr. Thompson.

17.12.05

They don't even put the Trinity in their little creed!

So, at my grandmother's 90th birthday party, I saw a lot of people I hadn't seen in a long time, several now married and possibly with children as well as some people I don't recall ever seeing before but who seemed to know me, which is normal enough. The party was at the new building of the church I grew up in, which is essentially an auditorium with nice offices and a couple classrooms. They wrote their own little creed which apparently does not mention the Trinity, not even in the extended manner the Nicene Creed does, though all three persons might be mentioned somewhere. They are also working on training materials which are apparently going to be widely-used in developing countries and by some important Evangelical seminaries in the America. Yes, this is one of the wonderful new faces of Evangelicalism.

Hence, satanic delusion.

I was surprised that they had a large metal cross in front of the building, though not surprised that they had none inside. Like the classical iconoclasts, it looks like the only image they do accept is the cross. And the Christmas tree. :cough: Gnostics! :cough:

I hope this century sees the sun set on the Evangelical movement. Four centuries is enough of a run. Of course, I hope the same about Protestantism, but that's too unrealistic.

I think that's snobbish enough to justify leaving out the emo.

5 weeks, 5 days.

2 Comments:

At 18/12/05 00:25, Blogger Caelius said...

Yeah, my little pistedulist self soon may have to lay the smackdown on some liberalist evangelicals for doing the same thing as your parents' church. And by smackdown, I mean non-violent harangue critiquing false slander of the Cappadocian Fathers and putting the Arians in their place. Some call me Latitudinarian, but I'm a Laudian when roused.

(I can't impersonate you, no matter how hard I try...)

 
At 18/12/05 13:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading Time Cube will help with the tone.

Being a Laudian when roused is fine just as long as you don't support Morris-dancing on Sunday [or any other day, for that matter].

It's not my parents' church these days, actually, they moved to a new town and their new hopelessly-shallow church at least put the Trinity in their made-up creed, but they're vaguely charismatic [ew].

 

Post a Comment

<< Home