Œcumenical Panheresy.

I am Mr. G. Z. Thompson. You may call me Mr. Thompson.

22.1.06

i am disappointed in you, roommate.

I'm not even going to write out a fatwa. Several days ago, he left the rotting remains of an entree he made on every single cooking implement we had, it seems, and left them all in the sink. Fine, whatever, I leave messes, too. Not that hard to get off if I really need it. It smells funky, but I can survive. I go into the bathroom and not that the sponge and wirey dealie from the kitchen are in there and the tub is clean. That was a new sponge! I check and we don't have another: we are out of sponges. Of course, that sponge cannot be used in the kitchen now. I decide to make a grilled mozzarella sandwich, but when I get to the kitchen, I note that anything capable of grilling is covered in rotting goo. So I rinse off the goo and then realize there are no sponges or scrubbing things: they were used to clean the tub. The tub wasn't that dirty, by the way. I give up and eat cereal. I also rinse everything in the sink so most of the smell goes away and pour out the rotting rice that was in like some pots filled with water.

Have I mentioned how all the cups [my cups] in the place have somehow been coated on the outside with splattered grease and have had weird things caked on the inside? There's rotting rice in a cup on the counter. Why rice got put in a cup, I don't know. It's there. And it's rotting. I had, like, four of those cups at the beginning of the year, I think only one is usable now. I'm letting the third roommate, the new one, use it. He's fine by me. He hasn't destroyed anything yet. The cup's on his desk.

And I'll just bet he'll have Woman by later tonight. Possibly to cook. And make things gooey and rotten.

So I'm drinking out of a disposable Dixie cup that I reuse every day. I keep it on my desk. I can't have good things because my roommate will destroy them and coat them in goo. I ate a couple chunks of mozzarella, too. Would've been better as part of a grilled sandwich.

3 Comments:

At 22/1/06 10:56, Blogger Caelius said...

"And I'll just bet he'll have Woman by later tonight."

And why not? Are you living on Athos now?

 
At 22/1/06 13:05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you're writing at 1:30am, there are possible problems in mind.

 
At 22/1/06 21:15, Blogger Caelius said...

Your timestamp is not sufficiently detailed to notice that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home