Œcumenical Panheresy.

I am Mr. G. Z. Thompson. You may call me Mr. Thompson.

17.1.06

Still avoiding work.

It feels cool. I've been grading all day. The grades won't stop. My sleep schedule is off. Previously, I'd been going to be at 2 and getting up around 10, now it's up to 3 and getting up at 11. This doesn't work, even though my earliest class is 11:30. But, how can I rework my sleep schedule properly when I'm so busy? There are two answers: pull an all-nighter to reset the whole thing or self-medicate until I fall asleep early. The problem with the second is the possibility it would turn into a bender, the first is just painful. I always say first and second instead of former and latter because I'm not completely solid on which is which.

3 Comments:

At 19/1/06 01:10, Blogger Patrick said...

I recommend you just force yourself awake early (perhaps even 9) one day. Falling asleep early the following night will be a piece of cake.

Of course, the hitch in this plan is the willpower required in the morning.

former = first
latter = second

 
At 19/1/06 02:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, but I still have to run through the mnemonic to do so, and I don't doubt a certain number of my readers would have to do the same.

As for forcing wakefulness, I do in on Sundays and it doesn't work, oddly enough. If I did it several days in a row, maybe, I just lack the willpower to do something spanning several days. I want instant cures!

 
At 20/1/06 00:40, Blogger Patrick said...

Well, yes, the trick is to not erase the effect by sleeping late the next day.

If you wake up early on Monday and go to sleep reasonably Monday night, you can wake up refreshed at your hour of preference on Tuesday... or you can sleep in Tuesday and wake up groggy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home