take me out and wash my sins away!
I don't want to do anything! I want to read St. Augustine! I left mine at home. It's for the best, I have work to do. It is time for the Lord to act, for they have broken Thy law.
Not that I've done anything horribly wrong recently [nor am I particularly scrupulous, though I freely admit I'm not what would traditionally be called 'good man' either], it's just that every time I think about the need to act, what else is there to say?
Chuck Norris does not hunt because the word hunting implies the probability of failure. Chuck Norris goes killing.
I'm rather annoyed that I disagree with the usual Orthodox practice w/r/t divorce and remarriage, because it quite often comes up in discussions and I have to say, you know, I agree with you and not the Orthodox Church. I'm also annoyed that, while the Church [that is, those who do allow contraception] only allows the use of contraception by economy for those whose motives are not completely unworthy and even then makes them acknowledge that their practice is not in accord with the perfection demanded of us by Christ, the sort of argumentation I see by laymen often does not have this rigidity behind it. While I'd claim that the opposition contraception is not a discipline, as fasting is, but rather moral problem [though my main opposition seems to be aesthetic] and therefore can't be compromised without sin, I can accept for the sake of argument some economy, but what does this stance become in the end? The answer may very well be: the same outcome as Lambeth 1930, based on what I've seen some laymen say.

1 Comments:
a. There are some occasions when the word "economy" should be replaced by the word "iniquity" because that's what people really mean.
b. Lambeth 1930 supposedly makes Lambeth 1998 hypocritical. Apparently, no one really understands the reasoning behind Lambeth 1930, which like everything in Anglican theology, seems to have been discovered well after the fact.
c. Blogs like yours make me really want to be an Anglican triumphalist, but then a problem arises. In order to be a true Anglican triumphalist, you have to say that everyone is wrong including yourself. That I'm wrong, I'll warrant. That everyone else is wrong is not sufficiently humble.
Post a Comment
<< Home