These "Friendly Dictators" Trading Cards are too old!
They detail mistaken alliances we made with dictators, but they're not recent enough to include Saddam Hussein. Sweet. I also have "Bush League", "Iran-Contra Scandal", "Rotten to the Core [New York Politics]" and "Drug War" trading cards. This is great! The Bush League trading card set predicts that Bush's two sons, Jeb and George, will be rising stars in the political world. It also discusses Quayle's marijuana use.
Just read: "Thanks be to God: The Spirit and Life of Father Solanus Casey". Also picked up from Powell's. He had a formidable beard, a good attitude, and wonderful polemics against atheists. Next to read: "Who is Dead... God or Democracy?" by Fr. Charles E. Coughlin, copyright 1970. I'm laying bets about which one it is.
Re: Fr. Coughlin. Everybody stops talking about him after WWII. But, I'm curious about his later career, the one where he wrote polemical tracts against members of the Catholic hierarchy who shook hands with politicians who supported abortion and such.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home