delaying the shameful shaving...
...until I can get photographic evidence of the extent of my marvellous beard. The pictures from nearly one month ago are simply not adequate. The beard is longer now! For most people, one month is an entire beard! Scientific research will have to be done.
I found a marvellous site with great cover letters. Behold a snippet from one to Hallmark:
Idea #3Anyways, I've read all the differential equations text that I need and tomorrow will be spent working on problems. Oh, snap: I have a pile of grading and some Greek to do for Wednesday as well. Ungoodful. Don't worry, I won't sacrifice my boyish good looks.
The cover is a picture of a puppy dog - big sad eyes. A Golden Retriever, maybe, some breed that everyone loves, something vulnerable. The text on the front reads, "You think love has to last forever for it to be real. You think it isn’t true love unless it lasts until one of us is dead." Inside text: "You’re confusing love with dog fighting."
UPDATE: I've forgotten a lot about differential equations in the, what, 5 years since I last took a course in it.

2 Comments:
Thanks for wasting an hour of my life, Geoff.
The easy way is, I knife you.
I'm carrying on your tradition, man. I've gone from "needs to shave" to "really needs to shave", through "mortifying my vanity", finally into "Man Growing A Beard". A few more days, and it'll be "Man With A Thin Beard".
And when I visit my sister, she will scream.
What the heck is wrong with me today?!?
yeah, i definitely think that one is the best one. i'm totally using that line sometime this week.
Post a Comment
<< Home