beatus vir...
I've been looking over what books and other items I absolutely need to run a good household that I currently lack. I can [and do] get by without an Horologion, but I severely lack a liturgical Psalter. An old BCP just doesn't cut it, the LXX numbering is essential and I would prefer it cut into kathismata. I also need an icon of the Mystical Supper for a dining room and a good icon of the Resurrection for general use. I probably should have a Synaxarion, too. So, I suppose I don't need all that much, those are the only indispensable items I lack and I've made it this far without them. The only real problem is that the only good Psalter and the best Horologion [which I don't really need and won't purchase unless necessary] are made by schismatic Uberdox who only create dissension, strife, and wonderfully-bound liturgical books in stilted translations [but it doesn't matter they're stilted because some of these books just aren't printed by anybody else]. Curse those handsome devils! Most people don't have a problem buying from this particular group, but I'm a principled man and if they take it seriously, I'll take it seriously [and, from personal experience, I know they take it seriously]. Remember kids: schism is worse than heresy, just as divorce is worse than murder.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home