my folks don't care 'cause they ain't around
I'm the one's gotta go to the TIME BOMB HIGH SCHOOL.
I'm here because it's spring break and there's nothing else to do. There are only so many hours, but so many hours. You can only read Ulysses for so long without saying something. I'm sort of depressed about how many of the obscure references I'm catching: haven't I done better things with my life than learned enough literary trivia to read Joyce? Though I shouldn't be depressed about catching all the Catholic trivia.
Anyways, for some reason or other I remembered that I haven't read Brother Lawrence's The Practice of the Presence of God - the copy I got for $2 to round out an Amazon order was abridged [wtf, mate? the thing's like 30 pages], and I saw it was originally in French and thought, "Oh ho ho [appropriately nasalized], I could look at the French on the internets, as it would inevitably have expired copyright," but I first found an English translation in PDF, so I took that. Besides, 17th century French could be a bit hard. But then I thought, "Oh ho ho, I haven't read the Little Flower, the French copyright has inevitably expired and it's more modern," so I looked to the internets, Gutenberg had only an old English translation, so I resigned myself to taking that. C'est la vie. My reading literary French is rather rusty anyway. Fit? Fut? I forget which is which.

4 Comments:
I could loan you Story of a Soul, you know.
I'm in Chicago for the rest of break. We ought to do something.
Mr. Thompson, did you notice anything familiar about the pictures in the link.
A resemblance to this?
http://anglicanhistory.org/alcuin/pictured.html
I especially like the Photoshop job on the Epistle picture.
I couldn't possibly have two such links in such rapid succession without noticing everything which could possibly be about both.
mt thompson
Yes, I thought so.
Post a Comment
<< Home