wow, this place is awesome.
So today I was like, I have several things I should do, they involve running errands around Hyde Park and getting information and other junk off the internets. Then it started raining. So I was like, okay, I'll do my internet stuff. The internet stopped working. Then I was like, fine, I'll do other stuff that doesn't involve getting stuff off the internet, I think I have a copy of Advanced Bash-Scripting on my hard drive to work through. It isn't what I should be doing, but I'm not walking in the rain. Result: no, I do not have a copy on the hard drive. Then I thought, I guess I'll walk a block to CVS to see if they have what I need instead of going to the office supply store. They didn't have any of the things I needed. I got wet. So I went back home and got a little more wet. Still no internet. A couple people called about jobs. One worked, the other didn't: they wanted me to work seven days a week on a 6-week contracting project. And I was like, you mean all seven days each week? And they were like, yes. And I was like, that really doesn't work for me. And they were like, what days work? And I was like, weekdays? And they were like, by the way, it says you have a BA in math, what's the deal, don't they give BS's? And I was like, they also give out BA's at my school, they're weird like that. And they were like, oh, okay. The mail came and it didn't have what I was waiting for and I didn't get to send what I wanted to send because CVS didn't have what I was needed. I really do think there's a link between the rain and the internet not working. This place is screwy like that. Then I was like, screw it, it's 5pm, the work day is over, if it's not raining too hard I'll go to campus and check my email, and if it's sparse, I'll go to the office supply store. It wasn't raining. Here I am. It started pouring. It's been a lame day. Tomorrow: Cathedral. Oh, wait, one of my errands was to walk to the place where I could refill my transit card [why doesn't this neighborhood have any such places?]. I certainly won't be doing that early enough to make the schlep out to the Cathedral. Drat.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home