kim you bore me to death.
I've found justice. He's a Sikh in a Baja VW Bug.
I listened to the new Fiery Furnaces album. They made it with their Greek Orthodox choir director grandmother from Oak Park. One story is about how there were a lot of priests in her husband's family so they had eight priests at their wedding and though they all had great voices, they could not agree on a pitch. It's so true! In another, it tells about her run-in with the Archbishop, the prelate with the longest beard and the tallest hat. Delightful! The entire album is fairly unlistenable as music, but I dig the stories.
So Apratim asked me this afternoon how church was, and I was like, what on earth kind of answer works here? "Oh, you know, Body and Blood of Christ and all that, participation in the Eschaton, sacrament of the Church. Bagels afterward." So I just said it was "fine". Anyways, I was tagged to serve the night before, but didn't get there until after the censing during the Hours, so Jacob had already gone up. Worked well, and now that we have three people in the rotation, we decided that perhaps we should just plan on having 2 in the altar every week and I think Fr. John might prefer it that way. Fine by me, having only one adult can be stressful [dangers about showing up late or rescheduling and the like].

1 Comments:
Oh, you know, Body and Blood of Christ and all that, participation in the Eschaton, sacrament of the Church. Bagels afterward."
I may use that as an answer someday.
Post a Comment
<< Home