You are a star, I mean, a starlet.
Ooh, your magic is working.
I was going to go see the Sitka Wonderworking Icon of the Theotokos tonight as it passed through town, but at 5 I thought, "Wait, it takes an hour and a half to get to the cathedral, the akathist lasts only an hour, and it takes an hour and a half to get back." So I decided to make a pilgrimage to Alaska and see it there instead. I need to get out more, anyway. On the other hand, the archbishop [the prelate with the longest beard and the tallest hat] probably would have been there, and we need to hammer out a time to watch Ben Hur. Well, it's too late now.
Side note: if an American Orthodox makes a reference to the "Holy Land", it means either West Pennsylvania or Alaska [particularly Sitka].
Alice dropped by and we agreed that the poster has to go. Away!
Today was the Eastern Fathers Reading Group's first day. Fr. Elijah looks to be a rockstar. We're reading St. John of Damascus and considering his Semitic context and all that. Hip to the jive! Apparently nobody really considers St. John of Damascus in his actual context, they either look at his response to Islam or quote his arguments about icons as if he were a Roman in the Roman Empire [which he was not]. Doot doot!
I think I've given my death cold to both of my roommates. And soon there shall be only one...

1 Comments:
And soon there shall be only one...
I don't know just how ominous you intended this line to sound, but it's getting into Bram Stoker territory...
Or maybe it's a movie-trailer sort of phrase, you know, a really deep voice going on about "only ONE MAN stands in the way... THIS SUMMER..."
Post a Comment
<< Home