the crummy old computer
It's a 266MHz beige G3. Now that's old style. Looks like the memory slots have been filled, though, but, realistically, I won't be doing LFS on this machine. It'd take a week to compile anything. Though I'm considering cannibalizing its memory if possible for another low-end machine. So, still wondering what I should do with it. I haven't even tried powering it up because I only have one monitor and I don't feel like turning this computer off. I could see about borrowing a monitor from the guy in the basement, but he's not around. But seriously, once I get the "system rescue CD" for PowerPC's downloaded, I might just take a little peek at what's under the hood.
In other news, however, looks like I'll be seeing Mohammad Khatami speak tonight if all goes according to plan. I'll have to take up my Sir Richard Francis Burton disguise, but that won't be much of a problem.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home